You want to be sure you are standing out in the crowd. One way to do this is by changing your profile picture on Google Classroom. When people see your photo, they will know it’s you and not someone else with a similar name. Your profile photo on google classroom will also be displayed in Google Classroom and throughout your school. If you are an administrator or teacher, your profile picture on google classroom will also be displayed in Google Classroom and throughout your school. Therefore, your identity on this platform will be verified through the picture. Through this article, you will learn how to change your profile picture on Google Classroom so that others can easily identify who you are!
Google Classroom is a free tool from Google that allows students and teachers to collaborate together in real-time. With Google Classroom, you can create online assignments for your class or distribute important information quickly to all of your students at once. You might want a profile picture on google classroom because it will help distinguish you from other people with the same name in your school. Thus, when someone types in a Google Classroom URL and sees this picture, they know that it’s the right person! If an administrator or teacher uses their photo on google classroom then students can also find them easily through their profile pictures.
Now that we know why it is important to change a profile picture on google classroom, let’s go over how to do so.
You can change your google classroom profile picture in two ways:
- Using the mobile app
- Using a browser
Before you start the process of changing your google classroom profile picture, you should know the format required. You will not be able to upload a picture that does not meet the outlined formats. Your photo can be a JPG, JPEG, or PNG file. Moreover, it should be of up to 5 MBs.
How to Change your Profile Picture on Google Classroom Using the Mobile App
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Launch the classroom app. The app icon resembles a group of peple colored on a chalkboard. You will find the app on the homescreen of your phone, in the app drawer, or by searching.
- Navigate to the top left corner of the screen and tap ☰.
- Click the settings tab. The settings tab is shown by a grey-gear icon at the bottom of the menu. Look for an icon the resembes the one shown below:
- Tap on “Update Photo.” After opening the settings icon, ‘update photo’ is listed as the first option in the menu. However, if you are using an iPhone or iPad, you should tap “Account Settings” to locate “Update Photo.”
- Select “Set Profile Photo” from the window that pops up.
- Select “ChoosePhoto” if you already have the photo you want to use on your camera roll. Otherwise, select “Take Photo” to take a new photo.
- Tap “Accept” or “Done” or check the mark if prompted to finish the process.
How to Change your Profile Picture on Google Classroom Using a Browser
- Go to any web browser and search https://classroom.google.com/u/0/h.
- Navigate to the top left corner of your browser and click ☰.
- Click “Settings” displayed by a grey gear icon like the one shown above.
- Click “Change.” This is located below the header “Profile” next to your current prfile picture.
- Click “Select a Photo from your Computer.” You will be redirected to your file browser window. Alternatively, you can click and drag a photo to upload.
- You can resize the photo to capture the sections you want. However, if it looks just good, leave it the way it is.
- Click “Set as Profile Photo.” After that, you will be redirected back to the settings section of your profile. Here you should see your new profile photo. If the photo does not appear, refresh your browser.
How to Change your Profile Name on Google Classroom
You can change your profile name on google classroom if you wish to. However, this can only be done by your Google Workspace Administrator. You have to contact the administrator and notify them why you want to change your profile name. Additionally, you will be required to provide the new profile name you wish to use.
After they change your profile name, the new name will appear in messages, shared documents, calendar invitations, and in your school’s searchable database. However, your login email address and username will remain unchanged.