“I am having great difficulty trying to cancel a subscription that is not delivering what it is supposed to.” How many times have you found yourself wanting to cancel your subscription on iTunes only to be met with an error message that tells you “Canceling this subscription is not currently available”? If it has happened more than once then I am sorry. The good news is that there are a few things you can do in order to successfully cancel your subscription and stop being charged for automatic renewal. In this post, we’ll talk about how to cancel subscriptions on iTunes and how long it will take before you’re no longer being charged for automatic renewal!
Canceling subscriptions on iTunes can be done in four different ways listed below:
- Canceling the subscription through an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Use a Mac Computer to cancel the subscription.
- Using an Apple TV to cancel the subscription
- Canceling iTunes subscription through iCloud.
1. How to cancel subscriptions on iTunes using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
This is the easiest approach of all. Here are the steps you should follow to cancel a subscription on iTunes:
- Go to the settings app.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Go to view Apple ID and sign in ( in some cases, you might not be asked to sign in so, don’t worry)
- Tap subscriptions to get a list of your subscriptions.
- Look for the subscription you want to cancel and tap it. If you don’t find the subscription, go back and check if you used the correct Apple ID to sign in.
- Tap “Cancel Subscription.” In case you want to cancel some subscriptions and leave some, tap on “Choose Individual Services.”
- Counter-check to ensure that the “Cancel subscription” option is not available. This is the only evidence that you have successfully inscribed from the services. If the button is still there, you will have to repeat the process again.
Find out: The 9 Best Pregnancy Apps for Couples
How to cancel a subscription on iTunes using a Mac Computer
If you are using a computer, there is no need to panic as the process is still simple. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to iTunes and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to “Account” and click on it.
- Click “View Account.” Enter your password if prompted. In case you are an Apple Music member, go directly to the music menu.
- Under subscriptions, look for the subscription that is not delivering what was promised or has been charging more than usual. Click it once so as to open a menu with a few options.
- Look for “Cancel Subscription.” Click it and follow the instructions to cancel your subscription. In case you want to cancel some subscriptions while leaving others, click on “Choose Individual Services”.
- Click “Done” when finished. You will not be charged again unless you change your mind or have an active free trial.
Find out: How to Take Care of Pregnancy
How to cancel Tunes subscription on Apple TV
- Open Settings app from the home screen of the Apple tv.
- Go to the iTunes Store option, which will be near the top right corner of the screen. You can also use Siri to say “Cancel my subscription.”
- Select Manage Subscriptions and select your iTunes subscription from the list of options that pop up on your screen.
- Click the “Cancel Subscription” option below it. This will cancel your iTunes TV account but you may still have access to some content if you have already downloaded it.
How to cancel iTunes subscription on iCloud
If you are an iCloud user and subscribe to the popular Apple Music, then there is a way out for canceling your subscription easily. Here are the simple steps you should follow:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen and then tap iCloud. Your user name will appear in blue font if you are signed in to iCloud successfully.
- On this page scroll down to find the “Manage” option under the iTunes & App Store section which is towards the bottom right corner of the window. You can also use Siri to say “Cancel my subscription.”
- Tap on iCloud Music Library. Your Apple ID will be displayed at the top of this page with another option called “View Apple ID”. Click it and sign in using your password if asked.
- Look for an option that says “Turn Off Auto-Renewal” right beside the Apple Music subscription. You can also use Siri to say “Turn off Auto-Renewal.”
- Tap on it and your subscription will be canceled. It is hard for anyone else to subscribe without the authorization of the account holder, so there is no need for any worries in this regard.
How long does it take to cancel a subscription on iTunes?
The time varies according to the method you choose for canceling your subscription and how fast Apple can process your request. In most cases, expect it to be instantaneous albeit while some might have experienced slow processing depending on their location or even due to heavy traffic from other users. For this reason, you should allow at least 24 hours before contacting iTunes customer support on the issue.
If after this you still need more assistance canceling your iTunes subscription, we recommend reaching out to Apple support team. To do this, please visit Apple Help, view, change, or cancel your subscriptions.
Canceling your iTunes subscriptions is very easy. However, to successfully execute this, you are supposed to follow procedures stipulated by Apple. Additionally, you should be wary of any automatic renewal option to avoid paying for something that is not what it says.
You can choose to cancel iTunes subscription in four ways; through iOS devices, Apple TV, iCloud, and iTunes on your computer. All these processes are easy and take a few minutes of your time.