How can I get my MPESA statement? This is a question that many MPESA users ask themselves because they want to know how much money they have spent on their accounts. If you are one of these people, then this post is for you! This is a detailed guide on how to get MPESA statement right at your doorstep.
Here are the 5 ways you can get your MpPESA statement:
- Through SMS
- Via Safaricom SIM Toolkit
- Through your Email
- Using MySafaricom App
- The online method
Types of MPESA Statement
An MPESA statement is a record you can request from Safaricom that shows the transactions you have made through MPESA within a given timeframe.
Before going into the guide, it is important to understand the types of MPESA statements you can get from Safaricom. There are basically 2 types of MPESA statements:
- Full MPESA statement
- Mini MPESA statement
Full MPESA statement
A full MPESA statement shows all the transactions that you have made within a given period. This means it can be used to tell whether or not someone has been spending money on your account.
You can request a full MPESA statement either monthly, quarterly, biannually, or annually.
When you request a full statement from Safaricom, it will be delivered in form of a PDF file. Therefore, you will need to have a PDF file reader installed either on your phone, tablet, or PC. Moreover, the PDF file is encrypted for security purposes. Therefore, to open it, you will need to input the original identification document number you registered your MPESA line with. The document can either be your National Identification card, Passport, Military ID, diplomatic ID, or alien ID.
Find out: How to buy Safaricom shares Safely
Mini MPESA statement
The mini MPESA is limited and shows only the last five (MPESA) transactions per day in your MPESA history for that day. It also shows the total balance for that day before and after these five transactions are done with.
A mini statement is normally delivered in form of an SMS on your line.
How to Get MPESA Statement
Let’s now look at the different ways you can get your MPESA statement right on your phone.
1. Through SMS
This is the simplest way to get your MPESA statement delivered straight to you.
Through SMS, the statement will be sent in form of a mini Mpesa statement which shows only five transactions for that day. You can request either monthly or daily mini statements through this method. However, there are certain requirements when using this method:
- You must be registered for Safaricom MPESA services.
- Your Safaricom line and MPESA account should not be suspended.
To get your MPESA mini statement through SMS, follow the steps below:
- Dial *234# and press the call button.
- Select MPESA information from the menu
- Pick MPESA statement
- Select option 2 for a mini statement
- You will get an SMS from MPESA with your last five transactions
2. Via Safaricom SIM Toolkit
This is the second method you can use to get your mini MPESA statement. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Safaricom SIM toolkit on your phone
- Select the MPESA menu
- Navigate to “My Account”
- Select Mini Statement
- Input your MPESA PIN
- You will get an SMS from MPESA with the details of your last MPESA transactions.
Check out: Best Performing SACCOs in Kenya
3. MPESA statement through your Email
This is the method used if you want to access your full MPESA statement for a given period.
To get your statement via email, follow the steps outlined below:
- Dial *234# on your phone and press the call button
- Choose MPESA information
- Select MPESA statement
- Select the first option for a full MPESA statement.
- If this is the first time you are requesting a statement, then you will be required to register. Registering is easy as you will just key in your identification document number. However, if you are already registered, just proceed to the next option.
- Select the period; one month, the last three months, last 6 months, or last 12 months.
- Enter the email address you want your MPESA statements to be consistently sent for the period you selected in the step above.
- You will receive an SMS from Safaricom informing you that your MPESA statement has been sent to the specified email address.
If you want to opt-out of receiving MPESA statements, just dial *234# and press the call button. Follow the steps and this will lead you to a menu where you can opt-out of receiving your statement via email or SMS. Alternatively, you can change the email address you want the statement delivered to.
4. Getting your MPESA statement using mySafaricom App
The first step if you want to use this method is to download the mySafaricom app on your phone. The app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple Store. After installing the app, go to the MPESA icon at the bottom.
An MPESA menu will be generated. Navigate to MPESA statements and click to open. If it is your first time, you will be expected to accept Safaricom MPESA terms and conditions. After this, click on “Activate.”
You will then be prompted to enter your MPESA PIN. After this, your MPESA statements service will be active on the app.
You can then select among the below options:
- Recent transactions
- Money out (the money you sent to other MPESA users or banks)
- Money in (the money you received from other MPESA users or banks)
- Get full statement
If you opt for the ‘full statement’ option, it will still be sent to your preferred email address.
5. How to get MPESA statement through the online method
If you want to use the online method to get your statement, the process is quite easy. Here are the steps you should take:
- Visit the Safaricom Web Selfcare Portal. If it is your first time visiting the portal, you will be required to create an account.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the MPESA menu
- Select MPESA statements
The portal will automatically generate your statement not exceeding the past 6 months. However, you can filter the records based on your needs. For example, Mshwari, Fuliza, Buy Goods, etc.
If you face any challenge accessing your MPESA statement, you can visit a Safaricom shop near you for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact Safaricom customer care by dialing 100.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the benefits of this service?
This is the service that enables you to get your MPESA statements without having to travel looking for an MPESA shop or customer care desk.
Q2. How can I change my e-mail address?
- Dial *234#
- Select My M-PESA information
- Choose M-PESA Statement
- Select change e-mail and enter your new e-mail address
Getting your MPESA statement is easy. However, you will need to choose what method is most convenient for you. You can opt to get your statement via SMS, app, or email. Furthermore, you will need to choose the period for which you want to receive your statement. For example, if you are looking for a statement from January to June 2021, choose 6 months.
If you enjoyed this guide, please share it with your friends and family by clicking the share icons below. Thank you!