Faiba provides high-speed internet broadband for homes and businesses in Kenya. However, many Kenyans have been unable to access the Faiba broadband internet network due to high costs. If you are one of the Kenyans looking for how to access Faiba internet at cheaper rates, this is for you. Since its launch in 2017, Jamii Telecom, commonly known as Faiba 4G, provides Faiba internet at cheaper rates. In this guide, you will learn how to buy Jamii Telecom bundles easily. Moreover, you will know how to access Faiba 4G mobile Wifi and the available Faiba internet packages.
There are 2 ways you can buy Jamii Telecom Bundles:
- Using SSD code
- Through Mpesa Paybill Number and Jamii Telecom self-care site
1. Using SSD Code
This option is available for those using supported Faiba 4G mobile. Here is the guideline on how to buy Jamii Telecom bundles using an SSD code:
- On your phone, navigate to the dial log
- Dial *111# and press call
- Select the Faiba 4G sim
- Select the bundle option you want to buy and press enter
- Confirm purchase to finish
2. Through Mpesa Paybill Number
Step1: Pay Faiba 4G bill through Mpesa Paybill Number
Mpesa is a common mobile money transfer system in Kenya. If you want to know how to buy Jamii telecom bundles using Mpesa Paybill number, follow this procedure:
- On the Mpesa menu, navigate to option 6, Lipa na Mpesa
- Select option 1, Pay Bill.
- Enter the Jamii Telecom business number 776611
- Enter the 4G sim card number as the account number in the format 254747XXXXXX
- Enter the amount you want to pay for the bundles and press enter
After paying for the Faiba 4G bill via Mpesa Paybill number, proceed as follows. You should, however, note that this will work after receiving a payment confirmation message from Mpesa.
Step 2: Buy Faiba Internet Bundles on Jamii Telecom Self-care Portal
- Turn on your Mifi
- Navigate to selfcare.jtl.co.ke
- Confirm your balance on the homepage that appears
- Ensure your 4G mobile number is displayed correctly
- Click on the data menu at the top of the webpage
- Click on the Data Bundles drop-down menu and select the bundle you paid for in step 1 above.
- Click the button “Buy Data”
- Finally, refresh the page and click on the Balance menu. This is to confirm if your purchase was successful.
How to Access Faiba 4G Mobile Wifi
There are 3 ways to access Faiba 4G mobile Wifi:
1. Through Jamii Telecom 4G Wifi Modem
Jamii Telecom has the ZTE MF79S modems that support up to 8 users. You can buy one at Ksh. 4,850 at the selected outlets that will be listed below.
This modem is a good option if you use a laptop or desktop computer. The lightweight 4G wireless modem has hotspot capability.
2. Using Compatible 4G Mobile Smartphone
You can use a 4G/LTE-enabled smartphone to access Faiba 4G mobile Wifi. This is because Fiaba uses the 4G LTE network on band B28 with a 700 Mhz frequency spectrum.
The Faiba 4G also operates on band 20 (800 Mhz) and band 2 (180 Mhz). Here are some phones that support Faiba 4G mobile network:
- Samsung A5, A7, S6, S7, S8, Note 4, Note 5, and Note 8
- Apple iPhone 6 and above
- Faiba 4G Wonder Phone
- Tecno CX, CX Air, and Phantom 8
- Infinix Zero 4 and Zero 5
- LG G3, G4, G5, G6, Q6, V10, and V30
- ZTE Blade A3
- Motorola G5, Z, Z2 Play
- Nokia 1 plus, 3.1, 5.1, 6 plus, 6.1, 7.1, 8, and 8 Plus
- Huawei p8, P9, Mate 7, Mate 1, Mate 9, Mate 9 pro, Mate 10 pro, P10, and P 10 plus
You can as well make free calls with these phones. However, you should buy a phone that supports both the 4G LTE network and VOIP protocol.
3. Using Faiba 4G Mifi
Faiba Mifi is a common gadget among the users of Faiba 4G internet. It costs Ksh. 5,400.
The MiFi comes with a 2,800 mAh rechargeable battery. It can support up to 10 hotspot-connected devices at the same time.
However, one thing to note is that Faiba Mifi does not work well in congested areas with poor network connectivity. Therefore, if your house has poor Safaricom and Airtel network connectivity, a Mifi may not be the best device for you.
It is advisable to place the Mifi in open air or some metal plate to prevent overheating. If left to overheat, a Mifi will not function optimally or may refuse to function at all.
Faiba 4G Internet Bundle Packages and Prices
|Bundle Package||Price (Ksh)||Duration (Days)|
Advantages of Faiba 4G Internet
- The internet is cost-friendly
- Can be accessed on portable devices. When traveling, you dont have to worry about internet as you can carry your Mifi or modem.
- The internetis fast
- 24/7 customer support. When you need help, you can always contact Jamii Telecom support on 020 8405 377.
Select Jamii Telecom Outlets
These are places and shops where you can buy Jamii Telecom utilities like Mifi, modem, phones, and sim cards.
- Jamii Towers: 020 8405 377
- TRMshop: 020 8405 382
- Nyali Centre: 020 8405 378
- Ketty Plaza, Mombasa: 020 8405 314
- Hurligham, UON pension scheme building: 020 8405 381
- Compnet Vedic Hse room 201/202, Mama Ngina Street, Nairobi.
- Digital Farm Offices Tom Mboya Globe Cinema roundabout, Sance building
- Territories technologies Norwich Union Mall, Mezzanine Floor Room M1, Mama Ngina Street, Opp Hilton hotel, Nairobi CBD.
- Rolling Box Limited Maasai Mall, Room 94 (First shop at the entrance), Magadi Road, Ongata Rongai.
- Jani Hqs Green House
- Selct Naivas supermarkets