Are you wondering how to check your NHIF status online? This is a challenge that has been facing many people after setting up a health cover with the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF). Additionally, Kenyans who registered for this fund before the online services were incorporated face even more challenges. However, NHIF has implemented several changes over the years to make it easy for citizens to access their NHIF statements.
The 4 ways to check NHIF status online are:
- Through the official NHIF website
- The SMS method
- Through email
- Using USSD
One such change incorporated by NHIF was upgrading their systems by adopting modern technology. As a result, this enhanced service delivery by making them faster. Thus, you can now check the status of your NHIF account using the following 4 ways:
1. How to Check the Status of Your NHIF Account on the Official Site
- Visit NHIF’s official website.
- Click the self-service online portal and sign in using your NHIF card number, email address and phone number.
- Create your unique password which you will be using any time you want to login in the NHIF online portal.
- Log into the online portal.
- A page will automatically appear indicating your NHIF details including contributions and your current balance.
2. Checking Your NHIF Status Through SMS
- Launch a new SMS on your telephone.
- At the typing space, type “ID” leave a space then put your ID number or passport number.
- Finally, send the text to the short code 21101.
- You will receive an SMS with your NHIF statement
3. Checking Your NHIF Status Through Email
This is the simplest method as what you are required to do is to request your NHIF statement using the NHIF’s official email email@example.com
4. Check Your NHIF status using USSD
Follow the following steps:
- On your phone, dial *155#
- Choose your preferred language between English and Kiswahili.
- Select national health scheme
- Enter your National ID Number
- You will receive an SMS containing your One-time Password (OTP). You have to verify the password within 24 hours.
- Enter the OTP you received through SMS.
- Select “My Status” to view the status of your NHIF account.
These are the only methods specified by the National Hospital Insurance Fund on how to check NHIF status online. Therefore, any other method not stipulated by NHIF must be avoided. Always ensure that you are following the right procedure to avoid being conned by online fraudsters.