Ruiru is a town known for its ambiance and serene environment. Furthermore, the proximity of this town to Kenya’s capital of Nairobi makes it an ideal getaway town for those who want to escape the hustles and bustles of the city. However, do you know some of the best picnic sites in Ruiru where you can spend time with your family and friends? If not, keep reading this to find out.
Through our research in Ruiru town, we came across four amazing picnic sites in Ruiru suitable for an entire family. You don’t have to worry about your children coming across obscured content or getting bored due to lack of activities for them. These picnic sites will give each one of you the comfort you desire. Talking of food, this is an opportunity for you to taste the delicacies you’ve been talking about.
The following four picnic sites in Ruiru were picked based on customer reviews and satisfaction:
- Rainbow Ruiru Resort
- Tropical Gardens
- Greenspot gardens
- Ruiru Park Gardens
Rainbow Ruiru Resort
Rainbow Ruiru Resort is a haven of its own. The resort offers a variety of amenities perfect for picnics.
The resort is ideal for those in Nairobi and Thika because it’s strategically situated between these towns. The resort is along the Nairobi-Thika Superhighway, a 30-minutes drive from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and a 20-minute drive from Nairobi City Centre.
The rich ray of amenities found at the Rainbow Ruiru Resort will give you an unparalleled lifestyle experience. Based on these amenities, this is an excellent place for you and your family if you’re looking for fun and pleasure.
Also Read: Impressive Picnic Sites in Thika
Rainbow Ruiru Resort Amenities
- Ala Carte Restaurant: If you enjoy African dishes, this is your place. The restaurant can accommodate 300 guests with an option to choose from an extensive menu. Menu options range from African to continental cuisines.
- Bar: The spacious bar provides cocktails, wine and trend-setting music from the DJ to keep you high.
- Cocktail area: This is a good space for corporate gala’s and events. You get an opportunity to sip on a cool cocktail on the glamorous 8th floor terrace with an electric view of the Ruiru townscape.
- Swimming pool: After a workout, you can relax with a dip in the private outdoor swimming pool.
- Private helipad: This gives you an exhilarating helicopter landing allowing you the opportunity to see the beautiful city under the sun’s up-close.
- Spa: Spa therapies to meet different goals that’ll help you to relax and unwind.
- Steam bath, Jacuzzi, and Sauna: At only Ksh. 1,200 per adult, you can enjoy these services the whole day.
- Meetings and Event Halls: The resort has the Mt. Kenya Hall, Twiga conference, and Kifaru hall for your meeting and conference needs.
Click here to get a virtual feel of this magnificent resort in Ruiru.
Tropical Garden is one of the best picnic sites in Ruiru. It’s a tranquil garden, serene in nature known for its riot of color on the shores of the breath-taking lake Ruiru.
The garden is vast in size which means you have enough space and tranquility to explore. You’ll not be limited to a given space. If you’re a nature lover, this is an excellent place for you due to the presence of an expansive lake Ruiru. You get an opportunity to interact with water and its breeze without being interrupted by noise from vehicles and other machines as is the case of any city.
The garden ensures a rich outdoor life necessitated by its situation along the lake. The table below illustrates what you get to experience at the Tropical Gardens in Ruiru:
|-Provides space for socialization
-Decrease air and noise pollution
-Encourages exercise in the grass
-Ensures exposure to beneficial microbiota that improves immune function
|-Get to experience a welcoming feeling
-Enhances your mood to make you think about important things in your life
-Evokes past memories
|Cools your skin and makes you comfortable throughout the day
|-Provide the best ways to spend quality time with your family members
|-They make people better, happier, and more helpful
-Food and medicine for the soul
You should know that this is just a garden. Therefore, there are no restaurants here. It’s a place to just relax with your loved ones. There’re chairs, tents, and lawns for you to enjoy the ambiance.
The entrance fee to this garden is Ksh. 350. You should remember to carry your foodstuffs when visiting. Alternatively, you can buy from the surrounding restaurants before entering.
Tropical Gardens Activities
You can take part in the following activities at Tropical Gardens:
- Boat riding at Ksh. 200
- Bird watching
- Jet skiing at Ksh. 500
Ruiru Greenspot gardens is the home of Windhoek located along the Eastern bypass in Ruiru.
The garden offers a place to relax and enjoy yourself with your family and friends. At Greenspot gardens, children have not been left out. As you engage in talks with your wife, husband, or friends, children will be playing and enjoying themselves either on merry-go-rounds or bouncing castles.
As you go on with your picnicking activities, you’ll get entertained by a live band. What makes this even interesting is that you can request the type of song you want to be played. For instance, if you’re a Mugithi love, get it right here. For our brothers from the Lakeside of Nyanza, you can have your favorite Ohangla played.
Greenspot Gardens has enough space for you to engage in any activity. The green lawns will keep you refreshed and happy as you enjoy a cool breeze from the Ruiru coffee plantations. You can participate in the following activities at the Greenspot gardens:
- Bike riding
- Engaging in dance
- Children games
Ruiru Park Gardens
Ruiru Park Gardens is among picnic sites in Ruiru considered a haven of outdoor events. The garden has an array of activities that accommodate both adults and kids. The garden provides you with:
- Lush green well-manicured gardens: These are ideal for team building, meetings, and get-togethers.
- Perfect serene venue: You don’t have to worry about your next meeting venue as this is an ideal location for any type of meeting.
- Kitchen: If you want to have a special meal prepared for you, your family or guests, a furnished kitchen is available at the Ruiru Park Gardens.
The above picnic sites in Ruiru are among the best recreational places in Ruiru. Therefore, if you’re looking for a place to have fun with friends and family, try out these places.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ruiru a good place to live?
Yes. Ruiru is a good place to live. Due to its distance from Nairobi’s City Centre, Ruiru is a good place to live. It’s one of the towns with affordable rental houses where you can live within your budget. Moreover, the location of the town along the Thika superhighway makes navigation to and from the city easy.
What is Ruiru known for?
Ruiru is known for coffee plantations, cheap rental houses, and wildlife preservation. Furthermore, some learning institutions like NIBS and Kenyatta University are located in Ruiru, making it an ideal education center.
Which Subcounty is Ruiru?
Ruiru is in Ruiru Subcounty. It’s therefore, one of the constituencies within the larger Kiambu County.