Did you know you can deposit money from your M-Pesa to Equity bank from the comfort of your home using your phone? Well, here is all the information on how to conduct this transaction. The ability to transfer money from Mpesa to Equity bank accounts is a form of mobile banking.
You can deposit money from M-Pesa to Equity bank using the pay bill option on Lipa na M-Pesa. Equity bank’s pay bill number is 247247, then enter your Equity bank account number and the amount you wish to deposit. Finally, input your M-Pesa PIN to confirm.
The translation is free, meaning equity bank doesn’t charge to send money from Mpesa to your Equity account. In the rest of this article, I’ll take you through the steps of depositing money from M-Pesa to Equity bank. Keep reading!
How to Deposit Money From M-Pesa to Equity Bank
Transferring your money using the Equity pay bill number is safer, faster, and more convenient. There is no risk of losing your cash while going to the bank. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to deposit money from Mpesa to Equity Bank.
- Go to Mpesa Menu on your phone or dial *334#
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Select Paybill option
- Enter the Equity pay bill “247247” as the business number, then press “OK.”
- Select “ Enter Account no” and carefully key in the Equity Bank account number you want to send money to.
- Enter the amount you wish to send and press “OK.”
- Key in your Mpesa Pin and press “OK.”
- Check all the details again to confirm they are correct, then press “OK.”
- After a while, a verification message will pop up on your screen, where you’ll have one minute to confirm the transaction.
- If the details on the message are correct, press send. Otherwise, enter any number or letter and press “OK” to cancel the transaction.
After a while, you’ll receive messages from Equity bank and Mpesa confirming your transaction was successful.
After sending the money, check the confirmation message you’ll receive from Equity bank and Mpesa. The messages are crucial to show you the transaction has gone through.
If you don’t receive either text, check your balance. If the balance is still the same, then you repeat the transaction. If it has gone through and there is no confirmation or the money in your Mpesa was deducted, contact the equity customer care through 0763000000.
Find Out: Easy Way to Get M-Pesa Statement
Why Use M-Pesa for Equity Money Transfers?
Sending money from your M-Pesa to equity is a form of mobile banking that eliminates the need to visit the bank. Using the Mpesa Equity pay bill number, you can deposit money in your equity bank account regardless of location or time. It makes life easier by simplifying the banking process.
Here are some reasons you should use Mpesa for equity money transfers.
When sending money to Mpesa to the Equity account, pay bill Mpesa transaction charges will apply. The costs, however, might be cheaper than going to the bank to make a deposit.
Fast Money Transfer
The transaction process is fast, so if you need the funds in your bank for another transaction, you can get them within minutes.
You don’t have to carry cash with you. All you need is to transfer the money from M-Pesa to the bank without worrying about carrying a lot of cash.
Most individuals lead hectic lives and making bank deposits can be stressful. Therefore convenience of doing everything on your phone is all you need.
Also Read: How to Reverse M-Pesa Transaction
How to Deposit Money From Equity Bank to Mpesa
It’s pretty easy how you can transfer money from Equity bank to Mpesa. You don’t have to visit the bank and join the endless queues to withdraw cash while you’ve got a smartphone. M-pesa, in collaboration with Equity Mobile Banking services, saves you time, money, and hassle by making it possible to transact right on your mobile.
Equity bank has several options you can use to transfer money from Equity Bank to Mpesa. The options available that you can use to withdraw money from equity to Mpesa include; Equity bank App, Equity bank Online, Equitel Mobile money, and through the USSD code.
You can also transfer money from your bank account to your Mpesa using the Equity bank ATM.
How to Withdraw Money From Equity to M-Pesa Using Equity Mobile App.
Follow these easy steps to transfer money from Equity bank to M-Pesa using Equity Mobile App.
- Download and install the Equity Mobile App from the Appstore or Playstore.
- Open the app and link to your bank account
- Go to the Equity Mobile Home page
- Click send to Mpesa option
- Enter the number you want to send the money to. You can also select the number from Phonebook if you’ve saved it.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to Mpesa
- Key in your Equity App banking PIN
- Enter the verification code you’ll receive through a message to complete the transaction.
- After a few seconds, you’ll receive a Mpesa message with the amount you’ve transferred and an Equity bank message confirming the transaction.
How to Withdraw Money From Equity to Mpesa using Equity Bank Online
Follow the following steps to transfer money from Equity to Mpesa Online.
- To access this option, you must register for Equity Bank Kenya Online.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Then visit the Equity Bank official website using your browser and access Eazzy Online.
- Key in the necessary details correctly; the five digits PIN you received when signing up for online banking and the customer ID.
- After signing in, open the Mpesa Menu. You’ll find various options like transfer funds and balance inquiry.
- Choose the “money transfer” option, and you’ll see the Menu to withdraw from Equity to Mpesa.
- Key in the Mpesa number you’re sending money to.
- Enter the amount you wish to send and your Equity bank PIN.
How to Withdraw Money From Equity Bank to Mpesa Using Equitel Line
If you have Equitel, you can easily withdraw money from Equity bank to Mpesa. Follow the steps below to send money from the Equity account to Mpesa
- Go to Equitel using your phone toolkit
- Select “my money” option
- Select the “send/pay” option
- Select the account number displayed on your screen and press “OK.”
- Select the “to others” option
- Select Mpesa option
- Enter the Mpesa phone number you wish to send to.
- Enter the amount you wish to send
- Confirm the amount and number you’re sending money to
- Enter your Equitel PIN and press “OK” to initiate the transfer
- Shortly you’ll receive messages from Equity bank and Mpesa confirming the transaction.
- If you’re transferring to your Mpesa, you’ll also receive a Mpesa confirmation message.
How to Transfer Money From Equity Bank to Mpesa Using the Shortcode *247#
It’s easy to send money from Equity bank to Mpesa using the USSD short code *247#. The whole process will take around 5 minutes to complete the transaction.
But before you get started, you have to ensure you have registered for Equity mobile banking. Follow the steps below to send money from Equity bank to Mpesa using the Eazzy shortcode.
- Dial *247# on your mobile phone
- Enter your banking PIN
- Follow the Eazzy 247 instructions and select the account from which to withdraw money.
- Select the “withdraw” option
- Select to Mpesa
- Key in the phone number you want to send to
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- You’ll receive a Mpesa confirmation message with the money
- You’ll also receive a message from Equity bank confirming the transfer.
Equity and M-Pesa are the best platforms, particularly for business owners. Most business people receive money through M-Pesa, and the easiest and fastest way to bank the money is by transferring it to Equity Bank.
M-Pesa offers the best mobile banking service, and its partnership with Equity bank makes money transfers thrilling to Equity customers. You don’t have to visit the bank and queue to deposit or withdraw money. This guide on how to deposit money from M-Pesa to Equity bank should make your transactions easier.