Uhuru Kenyatta is the current Kenyan President. He is also among the most famous politicians in the country. Uhuru Kenyatta is among the most privileged people in Kenyan as he is the son of Kenya’s founding father, Jomo Kenyatta. Therefore, his father was the first President of Kenya. Uhuru Kenyatta has lived a low-key life owing to his status in society since his childhood. Therefore, many people are not aware of many things about him. Therefore, this article highlights Uhuru Kenyatta net worth and properties, including his age.
Uhuru Kenyatta Age
Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta was born on October 26, 1961, in Nairobi Kenya. Uhuru, being a son of a president, was raised in a wealthy family in Central parts of Kenya. He was given the best education in the country having attended St. Mary’s School in Nairobi. To date, St. Mary’s School is known for the rich. From here, Uhuru went to Amherst College in Massachusetts to pursue political science. Therefore, in 2021, Uhuru Kenyatta is 59 years old.
Uhuru Kenyatta Net Worth
From Amherst College, Uhuru went back to Kenya. His first economic activity was starting a horticultural business that thrived. At the same time, he was left to manage part of his family’s extensive business both in Kenya and other countries. Therefore, he had enough time to build on his net worth. Business and politics are his main sources of wealth. As of 2021, Uhuru Kenyatta’s net worth was estimated to be $500 million, equivalent to Ksh. 50,000,000,000. With such net worth, he is among the wealthiest people in Kenya.
Check out: Land Buying Procedure in Kenya
Uhuru Kenyatta Wife and Family
Uhuru was married to Margaret Wanjiru Gakuo in 1991. Together, they have been blessed with 3 children; Jomo Kenyatta, Jaba Kenyatta, and Ngina Kenyatta. Jomo Kenyatta is the firstborn child of President Uhuru Kenyatta. This son is also married. Jaba is the second born while Ngina Kenyatta is the third and last-born child.
Check out: MCA’s Monthly Salary
Uhuru Kenyatta Properties
As has been stated, Uhuru Kenyatta is among the wealthiest people in Kenya. Therefore, he owns a range of properties that generates wealth for him apart from his political life. As the President, he controls many things and businesses in the country. Here is a list of properties and businesses owned by Uhuru Kenyatta:
Uhuru has invested immensely in the tourism sector. Among the properties he owns in this sector are:
- The Great Rift Valley Lodge and Golf Resort. The lodge is located few meters from Lake Naivasha. The lodge features a magnificent swimming pool, all en-suite rooms, golf course, wildlife edutainment place, and a bird sanctuary. It is estimated at around $1 billion.
- Voyager Beach Resort. This is a resort bordering Nyali beach along the Indian Ocean. The resort has three swimming pools, indoor game arena, and water sports galore.
- Mara Interpids Luxury Tented Resort. This is a spectacular holiday campl located on Talek River.
- Kipungani Explorer Hotel.
- Samburu Interpids
- Mara Explorer
- Voyager Ziwani
- Caledonia Estate Home. This is a secret house that has only been photographed from the top. It is estimated to be worth around $6.5 million.
- African real estate.
- Green Lee Estate.
The Commercial Bank of Africa (CBA). The Bank was licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). CBA was one of the largest banks in Kenya up until 2018 when it merged with NIC Group. The merger created Kenya’s third-largest bank, the NCBA Bank Kenya Limited. CBA was estimated at $2.166 billion.
Uhuru Kenyatta owns several top-of-the-range cars. He is among the few people in the country who can afford many of the S-class cars. The following is a range of cars he owns:
- Toyota Landcruiser 200 series (Landcruiser V8). The 2018/2019 model of this car costs at least Ksh. 14 million.
- Peugeot 3008
- Mercedes Maybach S600 Pullman Guard. This is an armoured car that provides complete protection. Moreover, it is equipped with a twin-turbocharged V12 engine. The car has a 530 brake power.
- Mercedes Benz G-Wagon.
- Armored Lexus 2017 LX570
The family owns Peponi Schools. This is an international Chain of Schools where only the wealthy can afford to take their kids. On average, the school charges Ksh 620,000 per term for Borders.
The family owns Mediamax Group. Together, they own K24 TV, Kameme FM, Milele FM, Meru FM, and the People Newspaper.
Uhuru Kenyatta, together with the entire Kenyatta family owns the largest land in Kenya. Here is a breakdown of the land they own:
- Gichea Farm in Gatund-10,000 acres
- Muthaita Farm-5,000 acres
- Kasarani Mwiki-9,000 acres
- Thika-5,000 acres
- Taveta-24,000 acres
- Taita-50,000 acres
- Kahawa Sukari-29,000 acres
- Naivasha-10,000 acre-ranch
- Nakuru-52,000 acre farm
- Acre one-20,000 acres
- Rumuruti-10,000 acres
- Endebes-40,000 acres
- Others are Brookside farm, a quarry in Dandora, and Njagu farm.
Other Expensive Things Owned by Uhuru Kenyatta
- Arnold and Son HM Perpetual Rose Gold Watch. It is estimated at $30,000.
- House Calibre 1847 MC Watch estimated at $5,000.
- Cartier Santos 100 Watch estimated at £6,250
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual estimated at $5,300
This marks the end of our article on Uhuru Kenyatta net worth and properties. If you have some ideas to add, please comment below or contact us.